- This event has passed.
ASTRA Rock Festival 2023 - final lineup, schedule by day and free camping!
August 11 @ 10:00 - August 13 @ 23:30
The ASTRA Rock Festival will take place in the Open Air Museum from 11-13 August 2023. The Hellfreaks, the new stars of modern metal from Hungary, together with Byron, Gunshee, Alpha Q, The Groovy Bastards, Rana and Nuanțe complete the line-up of the second edition of ASTRA Rock Festival. They join the already announced line-up of Ugly Kid Joe, Therapy?, Vița de Vie, Niște Báți, om la lună, Fără Zahăr, Țapinarii and Doomsday Astronaut.
The programme of the three days of the ASTRA Rock 2023 Festival is as follows:
- Friday 11 August: Ugly Kid JoeNiște Băieți,Fără Zahăr, Alpha Q, Rana;
- Saturday 12 August: Vița de Vie, Byron, om la lună, Țapinarii, Nuanțe
- Sunday 13 August: Therapy?, The Hellfreaks, Gunshee, Doomsday Astronaut, The Groovy Bastards.
Schedule by hours of the two stages at ASTRA Rock Festival 2023
Friday, August 11
- Stage on the Lake - 19:00 - ALPHA Q, 20:30 - NINE BOYS, 22:30 - UGLY KID JOE
- Scene from the Country Fair - 19:45 - RANA, 21:30 - FĂRĂ ZAHĂR, 00:00 - GABI GEORGESCU DJ SET
Saturday 12 August
- Stage on the Lake - 7:00 pm - MAN ON THE MOON, 8:30 pm - BYRON, 10:30 pm - THE LIVING LIFE
- Scene from the Country Fair - 19:45 - NUANȚE. 21:30 - ȚAPINARII, 00:00 - JIJI LAZĂR DJ SET
Sunday 13 August
- Scene on the Lake - 19:00 - DOOMSDAY ASTRONAUT , 20:30 - THE HELLFREAKS, 22:30 - THERAPY?
- Scene from the Country Fair - 19:45 - THE GROOVY BASTARDS, 21:30 - GUNSHEE, 00:00 - DAN AMARIEI DJ SET
Experience ASTRA ROCK as a family!
Throughout the ASTRA Rock 2023 festival, you have the opportunity to have fun/play with your family at the workshops! That means making leather whips or bracelets, traditional shoes & wood painting.
The History of Traditional Crafts from Antiquity to Modern Times
The second edition of the Astra Rock Festival brings the history of traditional craftsmanship from ancient times to modern times to the ASTRA Museum:
- Woodworking workshop on ancient and traditional lathe with Ars Fabrilis Officina; Location: Open-Air museum | Saw-mill from Gura Râului
- Antique and traditional blacksmith workshop with Iazagados; Location: Open-Air museum | Functional blacksmith workshop
- Pottery workshop of ancient Bastarnae clay pots and clay pots from Marginea, with Omnis Barbaria & Chira Art; Location: Open-Air museum | The potter's household from Marginea
- Workshop on processing animal hides with Omnis Barbaria; Location: Open-Air museum | Household-workshop from Tilișca
ASTRA Poetic TRAVELERS
This year's ASTRA Poetic exhibition will have the theme Travelers. Nine of the best-known contemporary Romanian poets are invited to orchestrate creative writing workshops, recitals and book launches. Their texts represent the core of an exhibition concept focused on travel as an experience of knowledge, escape, transformation of the self. Alongside the visual art creations, the texts will also be made available to the public in the form of an anthology. Poets Claudiu Komartin, Dan Coman, Anastasia Gavrilovici, Teodora Coman, Radu Vancu, Rita Chirian, Marin Mălaicu-Hondrari, Simona Sigartău and Andrei Zbîrnea will give recitals. The illustrations are by Andrea Bernath and the textile installations by Iulia Teodorescu.
Opening of the Exhibition "Mask and Double Face"
The exhibition "Mask and Double Face", opened as part of the ASTRA Rock 2023 Festival, offers an opportunity for a spectacular journey into the legendary land of the village of Nereju, Vrancea County. The community keeps alive the memory of an archaic world, where the Chipăruș dance helped people to distinguish between good and evil, to cross thresholds and overcome traumas together. The masks are the subtle identity or double of man, an opportunity but also a cure for fear, an exaggeration but also a restriction to approachable dimensions of the ancestral fear of the Great Crossing. The mask laughs or cries, assuring the villagers that evil departs and good remains, at least for a while. The mask accompanies man to the border between worlds and the border between years. Each old year goes with its sorrows, each new year brings rebirth, cleansing. There will be traditional mask-making workshops, mask printing on T-shirts, dogtery, musical and gastronomic moments and face painting. Location: open-air museum in Dumbrava Sibiului | Doge's workshop in Nereju, jud. Vrancea, 11 August 2023, 13:00 OPEN DOORS to the village of yesteryear We open the doors of the museum to the world of the village of yesteryear! It's a vibrant world, which we will find with you in a special tour chosen for the Astra Rock Festival. We learn stories about people and objects through guided journeys by museographers, curators and craftsmen. The houses will be open from 1 pm to 8 pm for the monuments of the "Secret Memory of Objects" (the households of Horezu, Găleșoaia and Nereju).
- The camping area is specially arranged for ASTRA Rock participants;
- Camping is free and is for tents only;
- Access is by festival ticket (or wristband);
- Facilities: barbecue, terrace, water, electricity, toilets/showers (see regulations).
ASTRA ROCK Festival REGULATIONS - Download
Rules and map for the camping area - Download
The recitals will take place alternately on the two stages of the festival, one located on the lake and one located in the Country Fair. We will be announcing the timetable for each stage in the near future. Beyond the live music performances, the cultural offer ASTRA Rock 2023 will be complemented by DJ sets and substantial side events such as interactive workshops, poetry recitals and gastronomic surprises. This year, for the first time, the festival will offer free camping for ticket and pass holders in a permanently guarded area equipped with ecological toilets, running water and hot showers. Season tickets for the three days of the festival cost 250 lei, single day tickets can be purchased for 100 lei and are available on iabilet.ro - https://www.iabilet.ro/bilete-astra-rock-2023-86831. Children under the age of 12 have free access to the festival, accompanied by an adult ticket or pass holder. Festival passes and tickets also provide access to the museum and its many related activities on the weekend of 11-13 August, on the occasion of the Feast of the Holy Sea. More details in the blog post.